Wednesday, January 19, 2011

♥ The Importance Of Taking Good Photographs

This year it’s my goal to change all my photographs. My past photos, to me felt a little too commercial, so I am going with a more crafty, natural look.
Since I have changed my photos, I have seen a huge increase in page views, treasuries and even sales.


In the previous business courses I have done, the instructors could never express enough how your photographs make or break a sale. Your photo, other than the item itself, is the image. You want to present your craft or supplies like you would see them in a magazine. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that your product, (in its near perfect photograph) shouldn’t have imperfections when received from your customers. You have to show your product next to how it is in real life.


Your photos are also your brand. Try to stray away with how other sellers maybe taking their photos. With my photos, I was inspired by how beads are so close to nature, therefore I am now taking photos of them on a somewhat natural background. It inspires jewelry artists to buy/create. You also have to make taking photos fun, otherwise you will soon loose inspiration and you won’t have the energy to create the photos you need to sell.

I hope I don’t give the impression as if I am a professional because I am far from it. I just wanted to share my thoughts/knowledge with methods that have been working for myself as of late.

- Ree ♥

No comments: